Catalogue by countries / Die Folgen von Vernachlässigung. Erfahrungen mit Adoptivkindern aus Rumänien (The consequences of neglect. Experiences with adoptees from Romania.)
|ISS/IRC Code||COM-RIGHTS GER-004|
|Title||Die Folgen von Vernachlässigung. Erfahrungen mit Adoptivkindern aus Rumänien (The consequences of neglect. Experiences with adoptees from Romania.)|
|Publisher||Evangelischer Verein für Adoptions- und Pflegekindervermittlung Rheinland e.V., Düsseldorf-Wittlaer|
|Type of material||Book|
|Language of document||
|Free text||The consequences of neglect. Experiences with adoptees from Rumania.
Professor René Hoksbbergen and his team for a Rumania-Project conducted a study about adoptees, who were born in Rumania. Impact for this study were reports from adoptive parents about partially very serious behavioral problems and development retardations. This parents worried about the future of her childrens and they asked themselves if also other adoptive parents from rumanian adoptees have the same problems.
René Hoksbergen and his team began 1997 with the study. They observec 80 childrens during several years. The aim was to get a more precise insight view to the situation of the adoptive families and to the psycho-social problems of this childrens. The focus lied on the identification of specific burdens for adoptive parents in the upbringing of their childrens and the need for psycho-social orientated help resulted out of it.
It came clear that adoptive parents have a huge need for help and that this help should be given continuous and directly after the placement of the child.
This book is for adoption applicants, adoptive parents, experts in adoption authorities and information centres."
Table of contents: 1. Background, intention and aims of the study
2. Why so many children in Rumania were given for adoption?
3. Medical and psycho-social problems from rumanian adoptees, results from an international survey
4. Rumanian adoptees in the Netherland and the composition of the studied families
5. Behavioral problems of rumanian adoptees
6. Posttraumatic stress disorder by rumanian adoptees
7. "Institutional Autistic Syndrom (IAS)" by rumanian adoptees
8. ADHD by rumanian adoptees
9. Adoptive partents - very troubled parents?
10. What do we learn from this study?
|Degree of interest||Of interest|
|Other potential users||